How do you spend the donations received?
All donations received are in Bitcoin Cash (BCH). With the exception of hosting, domain renwal, and occasional development costs, 100% of the remaining donations are paid to clothing donors from cities across Canada, when they donate clothes to an eligible charity. You can view our transaction history by visting the financials page.
How can I be sure my donations are being used to help the needy?
We have strict requirments for clothing charity partners. For a nominated charity to be accepted it must meet the following criteria:
1. Established charity with minimum 1 year online presence.
2. Must donate all clothes to members of the local community.
3. Charities which sell clothing (for profit or otherwise) will almost never be accepted
To ensure clothing donors are actually donating the clothes we have a number of systems in place:
1. Requiring clothing donors to photograph clothing
2. Provide us with a clothing count
3. Place all donations in clear plastic bags with our logo and date attached
4. Take a photo/video of the donation drop off at the charity site
Donations and purchases will be tracked on our
Financials page. You can download an excel file which displays a manually updated list of all incoming and outgoing transactions. Or you can see this information live on the
Who benefits from this charity?
The beneficiaries of this charity include:
1. Disadvantaged Men, Women, Youth, and Children: Imagine if you could earn some money for doing good, wouldn't you be more likely to do good? By paying clothing donors a small fee for their clothing donations, we are helping more clothes get to people that need them.
2. Anyone living in Canada with clothes to donate: We give clothing donors a small gift in the form of Bitcoin Cash (BCH) everytime they donate to their local charity.We educate anyone new to the scene and help them set up their own wallet, thereby introducing new people to crypto-currency and the magic of Bitcoin.
3. The Bitcoin Cash Community: By introducing new people to Bitcoin Cash (BCH), we are increasing the spread and adoption of this truly extraordinary currency. A $10 donation in Bitcoin Cash means not only clothing someone in need, but it often also means introducing someone to Bitcoin Cash. Coins 4 Clothes can also serve as an example to the limitless possibilities that crypto-currencies such as Bitcoin Cash can provide for charities in terms of transparency, accountability and reach.
Proof of Concept: BCH as the premier Non-Profit Currency
Coins 4 Clothes only accepts and only spends crypto-currency, specifically Bitcoin Cash. It demonstrates a proof of concept for BCH as a world-wide currency capable of supporting the needs of charities and their donors by offering:
1. Transparency (all transactions are logged and visable on our
2. Low transaction fees
3. Censorship resistance
4. World-wide reach
How can I earn Bitcoin Cash (BCH) for my clothes?
If you live in Canada you can qualify to earn Bitcoin Cash (BCH) when you donate to your local clothing charity.
The first step is to browse the list of cities we have available. If you don't see your city on the list, and you happen to know about a good local clothing charity, feel free to nominate a charity.
Simply follow the instructions on our website to get started.